Windows 10 is currently the most popular operating system all over the world. The main reasons behind the worldwide popularity are its clean, attractive and easy user interface, excellent hardware support, huge software repository and its versatility for every kind of usage.
One of the best thing about Windows is that it is very to install on a wide range of hardware. There are many ways you can perform a clean installation of Windows 10 on any PC or laptop to have a fresh start or recover from any issue that seems malicious. Here we have explained three methods of creating a bootable USB drive for Windows 10.
Method 1: Without Windows 10 ISO file
Step 1: Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from its official Site.
Step 2: Insert a USB drive (at least 8 GB) and format it.
Step 3: Accept the ‘Applicable Notices and License Terms’.
Step 4: Select the button for ‘Create Installation Media’.
Step 5: Use the Recommended Settings for your Device.
Step 6: Choose the ‘USB flash drive’ under which media to use.
Step 7: Now select the USB drive you just formatted.
Step 8: Wait for the download process to finish.
Step 9: Now when the download is done, click ‘Finish’.
Congratulations! You have successfully created your own bootable USB drive for Windows 10. Now you can simply enter into the boot menu of your device and start performing a clean installation of Windows 10. Do not forget to take a backup of your important data and documents before performing a clean installation of Windows 10.
Method 2: With Windows 10 ISO file
Step 1: Follow the steps 1 to 5 from Method 1.
Step 2: Now select ‘ISO file’ under which media to use.
Step 3: Choose the location where you want to save the ISO file.
Step 4: Wait for the download process to finish.
Step 5: When the download is done, click ‘finish’.
Step 6: Download ‘Rufus’ from its official site.
Step 7: Run ‘Rufus’ and select the USB drive you formatted.
Step 8: Select the ISO file from the location where you downloaded it.
Step 9: Click on ‘Start’ to start creating your bootable USB drive for Windows 10.
Step 10: After the process is done click ‘CLOSE’ to exit.
Here it is. You are done with creating a bootable USB drive for Windows 10. You can now enter the boot menu and perform a clean installation of Windows 10.
Windows 10 is a finely tuned and a beginner-friendly operating system which is one of the reasons it is loved by many. Windows 10 is also a proprietary software from Microsoft, which means it is a paid software. Many people take the other ways of using Windows by downloading cracks, patches and activated software from various untrusted sites.
There can be more downsides than benefits of using pre-activated Windows, some of them are:
- Very high chances of getting malicious codes or viruses bundled with the pre-activated software.
- You won’t get any security update or support from Microsoft which will open scope for various threats and viruses to attack your device.
- It might leak or steal your data. There are many kinds of viruses present over the internet and whenever you download any cracks or patches, some might come into your device completely unnoticed and gradually start stealing your data and credentials.
- Whenever you download a cracked or patched file you contribute to decreasing the life of that software as the developer doesn’t get paid it reduces the life of the great software. So try appreciating someone’s hard work.
The Alternative to Cracked Software or Piracy
These were some of the reasons why you should never use any cracks, patches or any pre-activated software downloaded from any site. Though Windows is immensely popular and most of the times come pre-installed in devices. But if it doesn’t you need not worry as Windows OEM keys are very cheap, genuine and easily available. Also if you are not in a condition (or mood) to pay for Windows, you can have a try on Linux which is totally free and open-source and also most of the software and apps in Linux are free to use and open-source.
Here are some of the highlighted benefits of Linux over Windows:
- Completely free and open-source, also most of the applications are free to use and open-source.
- Very sleek, exceptionally stable and works smoothly even on low-end hardware.
- The user interface of popular Linux distributions(distros) is quite beginner-friendly and similar to Windows.
- Performs equally well as Windows and all major applications are available for Linux as well so you can keep using your favourite application even on Linux.
- Linux has a huge support community. Linux is open-source software and many people have contributed to the final product and a huge community is working actively in the backend.
Many educational institutions are moving to Ubuntu and tech giants like Google always trust Linux for their own use. It just depicts the power and flexibility of the operating system. Moreover, you will be shocked to know that almost 80% of the web uses Linux as their backend.
Hope you liked our guide on how to create a bootable USB drive for Windows 10 and found it helpful. You might like our other guides on creating bootable media for Windows on Android devices and our guide on how to create bootable USB for Windows 10 in Ubuntu.
If you have any queries regarding the guide or any suggestions for us, kindly let it come to us via the comment section below. You can connect to us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram as well, we are quite active on social media.